Wow, it's really been a long time since I have posted anything....the first of July...that's a long time....let's see, what have we been up to.
Joe started his new job as Technology Specialist with the school district, or "geek squad!" I think this job really fits him a lot better than teaching and I think he really likes it.
J and j both had birthdays....I cannot believe my baby is 2! Where does the time go???? I wish I knew. We spend their birthdays in York....j got some baby dolls for her birthday, as she loves taking care of here babies....except, for some reason, she would rather have their clothes off....silly girl. I really can't think that we did much else in July...I just can't remember! Oh yeah, we went to the county fair...j like the carasel the best....I really have no idea how to spell that!
August has been busy...doing something every weekend....the first weekend we headed to Stanberry to the annual church carnival that I grew up with. j LOVED it...it was a rather hot evening, so we didn't stay too long, but it was fun to see all the old games I used to play. I do remember turtle races, but they don't have that anymore...to bad, that would have been fun watching j watch them.
We again headed to York last weekend for J's grandma 80th birthday party....j was a busy girl!!! Finally about 3:30, I decided to take j for a ride in the car to get her to sleep....it took less then five minutes!!! I don't know why it took until 3:30 to figure that out! Those trips to York are always quick trips and I don't like packing for one night, but I'm glad we only stay for one night....I love being home on Sundays to recoup form those trips....I know it's only one night, but I just get worn out!
Tomorrow night is my 15 year class reunion, again where does the time go? j is going to spend the night at my brothers, so we are childless tomorrow night...whoo hooo!!!
Next weekend, a group of my co-workers are going to Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun....they have a special that military and public safety workers get in free, and Dept. of Corrections employees count!!! Yeah...I have never been to Oceans of Fun. I just hope the weather cooperates.
A while back I had mentioned that I was reading The 5 Love Languages....well I finished it and J read it too, which I was very grateful for...I actually couldn't believe that he did....anyway, it has been good for us, and we are both working at making things better....not that they were bad, just challenging for a while....it's still a work in progress, and I know will always be...I forget that part from time to time. We are planning a weekend trip in Lincoln for our anniversary and sending j to Nana's. Can't wait.
Off for now....

No comments:
Post a Comment