Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 3rd of July






We really don't have big plans for the 4th of July....later today we are going to the movies to see Public Enemies...I'm really looking foward to it...not sure if we will go out to dinner or not. Tomorrow I am headed to Stanberry to enjoy the parade with my mom and maybe play a game or two in the park...nothing to exciting....I'm not even sure if we will watch fireworks tomorrow night. I guess it depends on the weather.

Last week, my little family went to Omaha for a couple of days. We headed up last Thursday and let j run around in the room for a bit (she needed it after the long car ride.) Then we headed to the mall for a bit of shopping and to the kiddie play area. j loved it...she did not want to leave....so much that she head butted me when I picked her up to go! I love my daughter! That night we headed to the hotel swimming pool, which was great as it went from 8" to 3 ft. and had a toddler slide and an intermediate slide....j loved being in the water....about 1 minute after I said to J "I wonder if j will throw up after all the chlorine water she has drank" she did!!! Tons of fun with that little one, I tell ya....the best part was informing the other father and daughter that were playing at the other end....oddly enough, another little boy threw up at the top of the bigger slide....well then it was time to go back up to the room and clean up (after I informed the hotel staff and apologized to them). We let j sleep with us in bed (we never do that at home) and it was just horrible....she slept sideways, stood up, moved all around....I don't think any of us slept very good that night. Friday, it was off to the zoo. I was HUMID! At least it was overcast sky so the sun wasn't blaring down on us...we enjoyed our time there and saw lots of animals. We also rode the "skyfari" which I was a bit nervous about because I was terrified that j would wiggle around, but she held on tight!!! I would say it was a 10-15 minute ride from one end of the zoo to another. Once we left, j fell asleep within 5 minutes of leaving! She was TIRED! I slept sooooooo good that night.

Saturday we recouped and got ready for her birthday party in Stanberry on Sunday....she had a great time and loved all her presents, especially the 3 Wheeler that Grandma got her. I made her a hot air balloon cake with Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster in the basket! All she cared about was eating it....she didn't care what it looked like.

Joe started his new job on Wednesday....so far so good.

So I ordered the book today....looking foward to starting it....I HATE these moods that I go through....I really wish I could get it leveled out....writing it down really does help though....

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

No comments: