Where to begin....well last weekend we had our garage sale. Several people from work joined in so it was pretty big....I would say it was successful.....with our money, we put it toward lawn care and a new grill. We still have bushes to buy and plant (which I am not looking forward to, I hate yard work), but it will all be worth it in the end. We are SLOWLY improving the look outside....nothing too drastic, just needed some lovin'
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of shopping ALL BY MYSELF. I took j to my mom's and spent the day in St. Joe. It was great and I loved every minute of it. I bought myself a couple pair of sandals and a couple shirts....I really just enjoyed not being rushed and enjoying the day.
So, I have more to say....I've really been struggling lately with my life....the challenges that have come along with being a wife and mom are certainly not what I expected. I can get so mad at myself sometimes for being impatient with J and j. I really don't know how to explain what I have been feeling the last month or so....there are have so many ups and downs....I don't know why I just can't let some things go.....J says to lower my expectations and it will be easier....I'm sure he's right to some extent, and there are things I just need to "let go." I think the hardest part is not feeling like I am appreciated....I know J loves me and shows me in his own way, but I really wish I could hear those words, like "your a good mom" or "thanks for doing that, I appreciate it." It really does bother me, and we've talked about it before, and it doesn't change....he's just not a verbal person like that. So lately, I've been trying to focus on the non-verbal messages that he gives me. And I know that actions speak louder than words. I've read in magazines that a mom has to take care of herself and take time for herself, and put herself first because no one else will. It simply amazes me how much a mom is worth. I never could have imagined. OK, thanks for letting me say what I needed to say.....
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment